And this is why it’s called “Music’s Biggest Night!®”
Seen in more than 190 territories worldwide, the extraordinary 56th Annual GRAMMY Awards® telecast (Jan. 26, 2014) – hosted once again by actor/rapper and two-time GRAMMY winner LL COOL J – was a non-stop barrage of top talent and incredible music, and provided a hefty 17.7 rating/28 share for the CBS Television Network. And highlighting the show were the once-in-a-lifetime, live “GRAMMY Moments” for which the annual event has become known:
- The sexy, show-opening performance of chart-topping tune “Drunk in Love” by the music world’s number #1 couple, Beyoncé and JayZ;
- Blazing hot rap duo, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, performing their ubiquitous anthem, “Same Love,” with special guests Madonna, Queen Latifah, Trombone Shorty, and 33 diverse couples who were officially married in a celebration of love;
- The not-to-be-missed reunion of surviving Beatles Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr as the two joined forces on Sir Paul’s latest hit, “Queenie Eye”;
- The exhilarating combination of rap artist Kendrick Lamar and alternative rock group Imagine Dragons, as they slayed the crowd with their electrifying collaboration of “Good Kid, m.A.A.d city” and “Radioactive;”
- Electronica dance music masters Daft Punk leading a joyous, “crowd-goes-wild” rendition of their 2013 smash hit, “Get Lucky,” with songwriter/producer Pharrell Williams, Chic frontman Nile Rodgers, Jr., and legendary, 25-time GRAMMY winner Stevie Wonder;
- A true pairing for the ages as world renowned classical pianist Lang Lang set his piano keys ablaze as he rocked alongside heavy metal icons Metallica on their classic song, “One”.
Other musicians who performed throughout the evening included Billie Joe Armstrong and Miranda Lambert; Sara Bareilles and Carole King; Hunter Hayes; Waylon Jennings, Kris Kristofferson, Willie Nelson and Blake Shelton; John Legend; Lorde; Kelly Musgraves; Nine Inch Nails and Queens of the Stone Age with Dave Grohl and Lindsay Buckingham; Katy Perry; P!nk and Nate Ruess (of FUN.); Taylor Swift; Robin Thicke and Chicago; and Keith Urban and Gary Clark, Jr.
Expect another evening of unforgettable performances when the world’s brightest music stars light up L.A.’s STAPLES Center again on February 8, 2015, for the 57th Annual GRAMMY Awards®.